Lab #1 Submitting
1 . Term at least five applications and tools pre-loaded around the TargetWindows01 server desktop, and identify if that program starts being a service within the system or perhaps must be work manually.
Wireshark – manual
Nessus Client – manual
Nessus Storage space Manager – can be build to run for Startup
Filezilla Server Program – begins as a services
Zenmap GUI - manual
2 . That which was the allocated source IP host talk about for the TargetWindows01 hardware, TargetUbuntu01 storage space, and the IP default gateway router?
TargetWindows01 server – 172. 31. 0. almost 8
TargetUbuntu01 server – 172. 30. zero. 4
IP default entrance router – 172. 35. 0. one particular
3. Performed the targeted IP website hosts respond to the ICMP echo-request packet with an ICMP echo-reply supply when you started the " ping” control at your 2 prompt? If you do, how a large number of ICMP echo-request packets were sent back to the IP supply?
Yes, four packets had been sent, and everything four delivered.
4. In the event you ping the TargetWindows01 storage space and the UbuntuTarget01 server, which in turn fields inside the ICMP echo-request/echo-replies vary?
The TTL (Time to Live) fields differ.
5. Precisely what is the control line format for operating an " Intense Scan” with Zenmap on a focus on subnet of 172. 35. 0. 0/24?
NMAP-T4-A-V-PE-PS22, twenty-five, 80, -PA21, 23, 80, 3389, 172. 30. zero. 0/24
6th. Name by least five different tests that may be performed from the Zenmap GUI. Doc under what circumstances you should choose to operate those particular scans.
Titled ping Scan – scans in the event that pings work
Quick Search within – speedy network check
Intense Search within – any deep network scan
Regular Scan – normal (moderate) scan
Speedy Traceroute – quickly tests router hops
7. Just how many different checks (i. e., scripts) did your " Intense Scan” definition perform? List them all after looking at the check report. There have been 36 scans
8. Describe what each one of these tests or perhaps scripts performs within the Zenmap GUI (Nmap) scan report.
ARP Search within
SYN Stealth Scan
RPC Grind Check
9. Just how many total IP...